- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
Apply for WINDPOWER Fellowship
Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowships
Each year, Women of Wind Energy awards fellowships to women college students or recent graduates to attend the annual American Wind Energy Association WINDPOWER conference. The fellowship honors wind industry pioneer Rudd Mayer of Boulder, Colorado, who passed away in 2002.
The Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowships support women to participate in WINDPOWER, attending seminars on current wind energy issues, viewing state-of-the-art technology, meeting women and men in the wind energy field, and connecting with employers about potential internships or permanent positions.
WINDPOWER 2013 will be held from May 5-8 in Chicago, IL. The Fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from the WINDPOWER conference site, conference registration (and included meals), and lodging.
The Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Rudd Mayer Fellows are selected by the WoWE Board of Directors, based on:
- a demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- academic achievement
- work and volunteer experience
- potential for future contributions to the U.S. renewable energy community
- and financial need.
Click here to begin the 2013 Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowship Application.
2013 applications are due by Friday FEBRUARY 22, 2013.
Materials must be submitted through the online application form above by 5PM EASTERN.
2012 Rudd Mayer Fellows
Six women were honored as Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellows at the WoWE annual luncheon on June 6, 2012 bringing the total Fellows to 53 since the program was launched in 2005:
The 2012 Fellows are:
- Anna Pesola, Oregon Institute of Technology, Renewable Energy Engineering
- Christina Chang, University of Houston, Mechanical Engineering
- Clara St. Martin, Pennsylvania State University, Meterology
- Holly Johnson, Iowa Lakes Community College, Wind Energy and Turbine Technology
- Katrina Montoya, Columbia Gorge Community College, Renewable Energy Technology
- Dr. Yao Yin, Boise State University, Energy Policy Institute
- The WoWE Rudd Mayer Fellowship is available to any woman who is a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of a college, university, or technical certificate program (including graduate degree programs)
- Fellowship applicants may be interested in any sector of renewable energy, including academic, manufacturing, technical, consulting, engineering, finance, and others
- Applicants must be planning to pursue a wind energy career in the United States
How to Apply
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed .
You can begin your application by going to this link: Rudd Mayer Application Form
You will need to have the materials listed below ready in PDF form to upload into the system.
Application materials must include:
- Current resume or professional vitae
- Essay (approx. 500-1000 words) describing why you are interested in the Fellowship, highlights of academic and work history, experience in wind and renewable energy, career goal(s), reasons for attending the WINDPOWER 2013 conference and how attendance will benefit you, your community, campus, and/or organization
- Academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- At least one Letter of Recommendation.*
* Letters of Recommendation can be emailed directly to email@example.com being sure the Applicant's name is included in the subject line.