- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
Apply for WINDPOWER Fellowship
Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowships
Each year, Women of Wind Energy awards fellowships to women college students or recent graduates to attend the annual American Wind Energy Association WINDPOWER conference. The fellowship honors wind industry pioneer Rudd Mayer of Boulder, Colorado, who passed away in 2002.
The Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowships support women to participate in WINDPOWER, attending seminars on current wind energy issues, viewing state-of-the-art technology, meeting women and men in the renewable energy field, and connecting with employers about potential internships or permanent positions.
WINDPOWER 2014 will be held from May 5-8 in Las Vegas, NV. The Fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from the WINDPOWER conference site, conference registration (and included meals), and lodging.
The Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Rudd Mayer Fellows are selected by the WoWE Board of Directors, based on:
- a demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- academic achievement
- work and volunteer experience
- potential for future contributions to the U.S. renewable energy community
- and financial need.
Click here to begin the 2014 Rudd Mayer Memorial Fellowship Application.
2014 applications are due by Friday FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
Materials must be submitted through the online application form above by 5PM EASTERN.
2014 Rudd Mayer Fellows
The 2014 Fellows are:
- Tanzila Ahmed, Kansas State University, Electrical Engineering
- Allie Brown, University of Georgia, Anthropology, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Renewable Energy Associate
- Kalie Brunton, Columbia Gorge Community College, Renewable Energy Technology
- Kaitlyn Bunker, Michigan Technological University, Electrical Engineering
- Melissa (Missy) Showers, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Boston Pacific Company, Inc. Research Analyst
- Huiyi Zhang, Iowa State University; Wind Energy Science, Engineering, and Policy
- The WoWE Rudd Mayer Fellowship is available to any woman who is a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of a college, university, or technical certificate program (including graduate degree programs)
- Fellowship applicants may be interested in any sector of renewable energy, including academic, manufacturing, technical, consulting, engineering, finance, and others
- Applicants must be planning to pursue a wind energy career in the United States
How to Apply
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed .
You can begin your application by going to this link: Rudd Mayer Application Form
You will need to have the materials listed below ready in PDF form to upload into the system.
Application materials must include:
- Current resume or professional vitae
- Essay (approx. 500-1000 words) describing why you are interested in the Fellowship, highlights of academic and work history, experience in wind and renewable energy, career goal(s), reasons for attending the WINDPOWER 2013 conference and how attendance will benefit you, your community, campus, and/or organization
- Academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- At least one Letter of Recommendation.*
* Letters of Recommendation can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org being sure the Applicant's name is included in the subject line.