MAKE SURE YOUR WOWE MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENT
NEW MEMBERS: If you haven’t become a member yet, now is a great time to sign up – head to: http://www.womenofwindenergy.org/membership for more info and to fill out the form
LAPSED MEMBERS: If you were a member but let your membership expire you can login to the member center at: https://wwe.memberclicks.net and it will have a link to renew.
- LOG IN TO THE MEMBER CENTER
Head to the main WoWE page www.womenofwindenergy.org and use the link on the far right end of the Menu Bar that says “Member Center” to get to the log-in page.
Note: If you forget your username or password click on “Forgot Password?” just below the login button and the system will send both to your account’s email address
NAVIGATE TO THE CIRCLE SET UP PAGE
- In the menu under the “My WoWE” Tab in the main menu bar select “My Community”
- Under the “My Features” Tab in the profile menu select “Circles”
- On the far right end of the Circle Menu bar click “Create”
CREATE YOUR NEW CIRCLE
- Circle Name: this should be your Team Name and can be edited later on
- Description: include a list of your Team Members here and any added info you’d like us to know (if you participate in a local chapter, the sectors you work in, fun facts, etc.)
- Category: PLEASE SELECT “2013 Photo Scavenger Hunt”
- Circle type: Open – this is important so that WoWE Judges can see your photos!
- Discussion ordering: however you want
- Photos: Allow members to upload photos and create albums
- Circle Albums: set to 36 – you can always have fewer, but make sure you have plenty of room.
- Your choice for the notifications
- note that for task #34 you will receive 50 points for having an avatar (picture/icon) uploaded for your circle as well as for each of your team members profiles.
START UPLOADING YOUR PHOTOS
- in your circle you can create albums and upload photos into those albums
- create an album for each task or group some tasks together into an album - your choice.
NOTE: right now there is an annoying glitch in the member center, it may look like photos are taking a long time (never-ending) to upload – chances are high that your photo has uploaded without a problem – go back to the main circle page and check that it is in the correct album.
- be sure your captions include the Task #, the date the photo was taken, credit to photographer, and the names of any WoWE Members in the photo.
USE CIRCLE DISCUSSIONS FOR TASKS OTHER THAN PHOTOS/IMAGES
- Task #22 asks your team to write a renewable energy Haiku - upload your creativity as a discussion and feel free to include more than one.
- Video is an option on a few tasks and a requirement to complete Task #21. You’ll need to upload the video to a website like YouTube or Vimeo (feel free to set your own privacy settings) then you can include a link in the discussion on your circle. To upload links use the format:
<a href="URL" target="_blank">URL or Name for the Link that will appear in discussion</a>