- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Rising Star Award
Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
If you have trouble viewing the google form below please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The nomination deadline for this award is March 11, 2016.
WoWE's 2015 Rising Star Honoree:
2015 WoWE Rising Star Erin Wiedower. Erin Wiedower is currently the Business Development Manager for Goldwind Americas. Her current colleagues describe her with one word “formidable.” When she sets out to do something she marshals her knowledge, insights and determination and moves ahead to get it done. Over the past few years she has established herself as an important and knowledgeable resource for the wind industry as a whole. Erin has been featured as a moderator and session chair at WINDPOWER, has led panels at Siting Conferences, and has been selected to present at international conferences. She has continued her professional development, diversifying her own experience to reflect the complexity of the wind business. Erin has had a strong impact on the companies she’s worked for, has already made significant contributions to the wind industry in challenging times and will continue to be a formidable voice and face in the future.
The WoWE Rising Star Lineage includes:
- 2015 Rising Star - Erin Wiedower, Business Development Manager, Goldwind Americas
- 2014 Rising Star - Kylah McNabb, Program Manager and Wind Development Specialist at the Oklahoma State Department of Commerce/State Energy Office
- 2013 Rising Star - Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director, Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno; Chief Economist & Director, Industry Data & Analysis at American Wind Energy Association