- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Rising Star Award
Rising Star - Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
The nomination deadline for this award is February 21, 2014.
WoWE's 2013 Rising Star Honoree:
2013 WoWE Rising Star Dr. Julie Lundquist. Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder with a joint appointment at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, was honored with the Rising Star Award. This award is given to a woman who is relatively new to wind energy and is already making significant professional contributions by demonstrating unusual talent, dedication and innovation in her renewable energy work. During her time at Lawrence Livermore National Lab (LLNL), Julie’s research moved ahead the frontier of wind energy forecasting. She has studied the effects of atmospheric stability and turbulence on wind energy forecasting and wind turbine performance. This research has revealed relationships in the atmospheric boundary layer that affect wind resource assessment and wind energy forecasting. Her work extends beyond traditional academia into how the industry can revolutionize wind resource assessment. Her exceptional vision, ingenuity, passion and leadership make her a shining example for others in the field and she will no doubt inspire future generations of talented women to continue to discover new advancements for wind power.
The WoWE Rising Star Lineage includes:
- 2013 Rising Star - Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director, Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno; Chief Economist & Director, Industry Data & Analysis at American Wind Energy Association