- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Woman of the Year Award
Awarded to a woman who stands out for her leadership, inspiration, and significant contributions to the expansion and improvement of the renewable energy field. Whether she is the leader of a company or organization, or works behind-the-scenes, she is making wind energy development happen at the highest level.
If you have problems viewing the google form below please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The nomination deadline for this award is March 11, 2016.
WoWE's 2015 Woman of the Year Honoree:
2015 WoWE Woman of the Year Susan Reilly - Susan Reilly is President of RES Americas, Past Chair of the AWEA Board of Directors, and serves on the Board of the Wind Energy Foundation. Susan is described as a tireless champion of wind in Europe and the US with more than 20 years in the industry. She has been instrumental in advancing DOE’s wind vision and in educating those in and out of the industry of the essential role wind can play in combating climate change. This has translated into numerous public appearances and interviews where she consistently champions the role of wind as the lowest-cost solution to manage climate risk. She has also been a mentor to other individuals in the industry both generously and objectively. She is frequently described as developing the next generation of leaders and shares her courage and conviction to branch out and spread the "wind word" to other organizations outside of wind that need to hear more about what we can do.
The WoWE Woman of the Year Lineage includes:
- 2015 Woman of the year - Susan Reilly, President of RES Americas
- 2014 Woman of the Year - Trudy Forsyth, Managing Director of Wind Advisors Team
- 2013 Woman of the Year - Lucille Olszewski, Meterologist, Ensemble Wind
- 2012 Woman of the Year - Leslie Freiman, General Counsel, Chief Regulatory Officer, and Secretary for EDP Renewables (EDPR)
- 2011 Woman of the Year - Beth Soholt, Executive Director of Wind on the Wires (WOW)
- 2010 Woman of the Year - Abby Arnold, Executive Director of the American Wind Wildlife Institute (AWWI) and Senior Mediator at Kearns & West
- 2009 Woman of the Year - Karen Conover, Vice President, DNV GL Group
- 2008 Woman of the Year - Rachel Shimshak, Director, Renewable Northwest Project
- 2007 Woman of the Year - Jan Hamrin, President, Center for Resource Solutions
- 2006 Woman of the Year - Jan (Blittersdorf) Blomstrann, CEO and President, Renewable NRG Systems Inc.