- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Annual Honors
By putting the spotlight on women at the pinnacle of the renewable energy field, up-and-coming leaders, and those that work to ensure a culture of support and advancement for women, we provide real-world role models that are genuine examples of achievement, creativity, and courage.
From Left to Right: 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, and WoWE Executive Director Kristen Graf
Photo credit: AWEA
WoWE offers three annual awards:
- Woman of the Year - Awarded to a woman who stands out for her leadership, inspiration, and significant contributions to the expansion and improvement of the wind industry. Whether she is the leader of a company or organization, or works behind-the-scenes, she is making wind energy development happen at the highest level.
- Rising Star - Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
- WoWE Champion - Honors an individual(of any gender)who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women in the field of renewable energy. This award celebrates those who have notably supported and encouraged the growth of women and helped to increase educational and/or professional opportunities.
The nomination deadline for all of these awards is March 15, 2013.
Celebrating other great women of wind:
Past WoWE Honorees include:
- 2012 Woman of the Year - Leslie Freiman, General Counsel, Chief Regulatory Officer, and Secretary for EDP Renewables (EDPR)
- 2011 Woman of the Year - Beth Soholt, Executive Director of Wind on the Wires (WOW)
- 2010 Woman of the Year - Abby Arnold, Executive Director of the American Wind Wildlife Institute (AWWI) and Senior Mediator at Kearns & West
- 2009 Woman of the Year - Karen Conover, Director of Wind Business and Strategy Development, DNV
- 2008 Woman of the Year - Rachel Shimshak, Director, Renewable Northwest Project
- 2007 Woman of the Year - Jan Hamrin, President, Center for Resource Solutions
- 2006 Woman of the Year - Jan Blittersdorf, CEO and President, NRG Systems
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director, Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno, Policy Analyst, American Wind Energy Association
- 2012 WoWE Champion - William H Holmes; Partner; Stoel Rives, LLP